1. "Congratulations to the Astronauts that left Earth today. Good choice"
This tweet was one of the top most liked tweets of this year, and it pretty much sums up the beginning to the insane year that was 2020.
2. "Joe Exotic: So a tiger just ripped off an employees arm off. Y’all want a discount or...?"
The Joe Exotic Phase: In the first couple weeks of quarantine, the now-world-renowned Netflix documentary aired. This era of 2020 was, how can I put this, unparalleled in its absurdity and insanity. With that being said, Carol Baskin- the feds are probably coming.
3. "Animal Crossing. Thank you. What is the point of this? Do you win?"
Following the rise of the tiger, Animal Crossing swept the nation. This calming and aesthetically pleasing game brought a much needed relaxation to the frazzled world, but I'm still not totally sure what the point of it is.
4. "No one wants to see you do that Tik-Tok dance."
Tik Tok, oh boy, where to start? You know what, I’m not even going to try. I'll just leave the tweet there to speak for itself.
5. "I don’t know how you all respond to people so often. I have responded to exactly 10 people using my hash tag and I am tired."
2020 was a series of ups and downs. After the initial hype of quarantine died down, the days began to blur together. Monday became Friday and Saturday became October.
6. "Despite the constant negative press covfefe."
- @realdonaldtrump, 2017
This tweet is from 2017, however it perfectly sums up the presidency, or lack thereof, this year.
7. "what the **** even was the plot of chicken little"
Now this tweet is here because I think it is the epitome of that last few months of 2020. Our minds are completely gone, yet this one tweet occupied my mind for a good three days.
8. "Thank you for clarifying. I guess I’ll give screaming a try soon."
With the election and the ending of the year quickly approaching everyone was on their wits end. Screaming seems like a good option. The best option.
9. "We did it, @JoeBiden."
10. Please do not bring that foolishness into 2021.